Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The first webcam was invented in 1991, and it was because computer science researchers at the University of Cambridge just wanted to see if there was coffee in the break room.
- There’s a disorder that makes people think everyone they see is the same person wearing disguises. It’s called the Fregoli delusion, and it’s named after an Italian actor named Leopoldo Fregoli, who was renowned for his ability to make quick changes of appearance during his stage act.
- There is a TYPO on the Lincoln Memorial. The word “future” was engraved as “euture.” Officials believe the artist Ernest C. Bairstow grabbed an “e” stencil instead of an “f.” The bottom of the “e” was filled in, but you can still see the error.
- A sterilized male lion will fully lose its mane due to lack of testosterone.
- The South Pole only experiences one sunrise and one sunset for the entire year.