Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- A $1 bill doesn’t live as long as you’d think. According to the Federal Reserve, each buck lasts about 6.6 years. The $100 bill has an average lifespan of 22.9 years.
- Baby sea otters can’t swim right away. Their moms will wrap them in pieces of kelp until they learn how to paddle around on their own.
- There is a world record for the most world record titles. That belongs to Ashrita Furman from Brooklyn who has more than 700.
- The sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel is 666.
- John Cazale . . . who you’d know as Fredo Corleone . . . only appeared in five movies from when his career started in 1967 until he died at age 42 in 1978. And all five were nominated for the Oscar for Best Picture: “The Godfather”, “The Conversation”, “The Godfather Part Two”, “Dog Day Afternoon”, and “The Deer Hunter”.