Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Not every Model T was black. For the first few years of production, it came in gray, green, blue, and red.
- Tell this to your mother-in-law: You can major in wine at Cornell University. Technically, the degree is in “Viticulture and Enology.”
- The northern cardinal is the most popular state bird. Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, and West Virginia all have it as their favorite species. The western meadowlark is the next most popular with six states.
- “Amazing Grace” was written by a former slave trader in England.
- Hawaiian Punch was originally developed in 1934 as an ice cream topping. It wasn’t sold specifically as a juice until 1946.