Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The lyrebird can mimic almost any sound it hears . . . including human voices and chainsaws, which is probably alarming for its neighboring creatures.
- Pumpkins, squash, and gourds are all technically the same species. It’s “Cucurbita pepo,” a species that originated in Mexico more than 10,000 years ago.
- Only one NFL team has a plant for a logo. The New Orleans Saints’ French-inspired fleur-de-lis is actually a stylized lily.
- Women didn’t start shaving their armpits until the mid 1910s
- Twelve plus one equals eleven plus two. Twelve plus one is also an anagram of eleven plus two.