Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Some cats have a HUMAN allergy. It’s rare though . . . because people bathe more often than most other species and don’t shed as much hair and dead skin. In fact, if it seems like your cat is allergic to you, it’s more likely that it is having a reaction to a chemical ON you . . . like perfume, soap, or laundry detergent.
- If you think something is “As American as Apple Pie,” you should know that apples are native to Asia, not America . . . and the first recorded recipes for apple pie were written in England.
- Scotland’s national animal is the UNICORN. It was chosen because of its association with dominance and chivalry, as well as purity and innocence in Celtic mythology.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger never blinks during “Terminator 2”.
- Dr. Seuss wrote “Green Eggs and Ham” after his publisher bet him he couldn’t write a book using 50 words or less. There are only 50 unique words in “Green Eggs and Ham” . . . although he repeats them over and over.