Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Apples are not “true to seed,” meaning the seeds from any particular variety apple will not necessarily grow to be the same variety. So if you planted seeds of a Red Delicious, there’s a good chance you aren’t going to get Red Delicious.
- Kissing someone on the cheek makes you less likely to get sick than shaking their hand.
- Jon Bon Jovi’s first professional recording job was singing the lead vocals on a song called “R2-D2 We Wish You a Merry Christmas” on a “Star Wars” Christmas album in 1980.
- In Maryland, adultery is a misdemeanor punishable by a $10 fine.
- London has more Indian restaurants than any city in India . . . and even more than in Mumbai and Delhi combined.