Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The first most common street name in America is “Second.” “Third” is second, followed by “First,” “Fourth,” and “Park.”
- “Finding Nemo” is the best-selling DVD of all time. And it might keep that title forever, since Blu-rays and digital downloads are a lot more common now.
- A 15-year-old Black girl named Claudette Colvin refused to give up her seat on a bus for a white person nine months before Rosa Parks did the same thing . . . but the NAACP felt Rosa was a better face for the movement since Claudette was too young. Claudette herself said “they didn’t think teenagers would be reliable.”
- There are more than 80 Legos for EVERY PERSON in the world. Which is probably why they’re looking to start making them from recycled materials.
- The black lines on the sides of school buses show the floor line and seat lines inside. That way, if there’s ever an accident, firefighters know where to cut.