Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- There are two U.S. presidents with the middle initial “S” . . . Harry S. Truman and Ulysses S. Grant . . . and in both cases, the “S” didn’t actually stand for anything.
- Before the 1900s, men wore corsets. They were popular for hunting and exercise, kind of like how weight lifters wear belts today.
- There are still 18 U.S. states where it’s legal for teachers to use corporal punishment on students . . . in other words, where teachers can legally HIT students. Four of those states DO prohibit physical punishment “for students with disabilities,” so that’s nice.
- Frankenstein is the name of the doctor who creates the monster, not the monster itself.
- India has a larger population than every country in the Western Hemisphere combined.