Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Blink-182 removed the red cross from the “nurse’s” hat on the cover of their album “Enema of the State” because the American Red Cross told them it was a violation of the Geneva Conventions.
- There’s a 60-mile stretch of Interstate 19 in Arizona where all the signs only use kilometers, not miles. It’s a relic from the Carter administration, when they were trying to get the U.S. to switch to the metric system. There’s still no plan to change them.
- In real life, gun silencers don’t work like they do in movies. A gun with a silencer still makes a noise about as loud as a police siren . . . that’s about 100 times quieter than a gun WITHOUT a silencer, but still pretty loud.
- You’re about 0.2 inches taller in the morning than at night, because the discs in your spine have been relaxing all night. Over the course of the day, they squash down a little bit.
- The most lopsided game in college football history was in 1916 . . . Georgia Tech won 222-to-zero over a school from Tennessee called Cumberland College.