Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- This year is the 100th anniversary of magicians sawing people in half. The first time that trick was performed was in London in 1921.
- All button mushrooms used to be brown until 1926, when a mushroom farmer in Pennsylvania found a cluster of white buttons growing in his beds. He cloned them and began selling them as a new variety.
- R. Kelly is afraid of flying and travels by bus . . . even though one of his biggest hits ever is “I Believe I Can Fly”.
- A “Calvin and Hobbes” fan calculated the dollar value of all the damage Calvin caused over the course of the comic strip. It comes out to $15,955.50.
- Popeyes Chicken is named after Gene Hackman’s character Jimmy “Popeye” Doyle in “The French Connection”, not after the cartoon character Popeye.