Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Chinese lucky bamboo isn’t Chinese, it’s from central Africa . . . and it isn’t bamboo, it’s related to the asparagus. That leaves “lucky” . . . and at this rate, the prospects aren’t looking that great.
- Breathing the air in Mumbai, India for just one day is the equivalent of smoking 100 cigarettes.
- The sound of Darth Vader breathing is trademarked. In 2009, Lucasfilm applied to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office for a “soundmark” . . . which is a trademark on sound.
- Charles Schulz, the guy who created “Peanuts”, is in the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame. He wasn’t in the NHL . . . he was just a huge hockey fan who did a lot of “Peanuts” strips about hockey, so they inducted him.
- People driving BELOW the speed limit are more likely to get in an accident than people driving ABOVE the speed limit.