Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- A scientist in Antarctica tried to murder one of his coworkers because he kept spoiling the ends of books he wanted to read. It’s the first arrest for attempted murder ever in Antarctica. Some reports suggest that alcohol was involved.
- There hasn’t been a U.S. president under 5-foot-9 in over 100 years. The last one was William McKinley, who was 5-foot-7 . . . he was president from 1897 through 1901. If you’re curious, Joe Biden is 5-foot-11.
- Jada Pinkett Smith met Will Smith when she was auditioning to play his girlfriend on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”. She didn’t get the part because she’s five feet even, and the producers felt she was too short.
- In China, “Guardians of the Galaxy” is called “Interplanetary Unusual Attacking Team”. (What they will now call the Cleveland Guardians?)
- San Juan County, Utah is bordered by 14 other counties, which is the most of any county in the country. And one of the counties it borders is ALSO called San Juan, in New Mexico.