Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Comet tails always point away from the sun, because they’re created by solar winds.
- The British had 500,000 cats enlisted in their army during World War One, mostly to kill rats on ships and at bases. One of them named Simon even got a medal of valor for surviving a brutal attack and continuing to kill rats.
- The San Antonio Spurs are the only NBA team that doesn’t have a losing record, all-time, against any other NBA team. And the only team that they have an EVEN record against is the Portland Trail Blazers. They’re 88-88 against them.
- The frozen margarita machine was invented by a guy named Mariano Martinez in Dallas in 1971. He modified a soft serve ice cream machine to sell drinks at his Mexican restaurant.
- Hewlett-Packard could’ve been called Packard-Hewlett . . . Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard flipped a coin to decide whose name would go first.