Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Yosemite National Park has struggled to design garbage cans, because they have to be easy enough for humans to open, but complex enough so bears can’t, and they’ve found there’s a, quote, “considerable overlap” between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.
- The snow in “The Wizard of Oz” was pure asbestos. The Wicked Witch’s broom and the Scarecrow’s costume were also made with asbestos.
- Refried beans are only fried once. The name comes from a mistranslation of the Spanish name, frijoles refritos, which means well-fried beans.
- A city called Dull in Scotland is sister cities with a city called Boring in Oregon.
- Neil Armstrong and the crew from Apollo 11 all had to fill out customs forms when they landed back on Earth.