Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Frank Sinatra supposedly hired thugs to beat up comedian Jackie Mason for making fun of him for marrying Mia Farrow, who was 30 years younger. After Mason had his face wired back together, he kept making jokes. He’d say, quote, “Frank Sinatra saved my life one night. He said: ‘Boys, that’s enough.'”
- Instant coffee was invented by a guy named . . . George Washington. He came to America from Belgium in the late 1800s and started manufacturing instant coffee in 1910.
- It’s a federal crime for someone who’s not a postal worker to wear a U.S. Postal Service uniform . . . unless you’re acting in a play, TV show, or movie. A Halloween costume ISN’T a good enough excuse. You can get a fine or six months in prison.
- Hawaii has banned virtually all billboards since 1927.
- When Google invented “Incognito Mode” for Chrome in 2008, it was so people could share computers without messing with each other’s browser cookies and settings.