Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Alligators go through a pseudo-hibernation in the winter. And they keep their noses above the surface of the water, so if it freezes over they can still breathe.
- The song with the longest title ever on the Billboard Hot 100 chart was a disco medley from 1981 by the group Stars on 45. Its title was 218 characters long: “Medley: Intro ‘Venus’ / Sugar Sugar / No Reply / I’ll Be Back / Drive My Car / Do You Want to Know a Secret / We Can Work It Out / I Should Have Known Better / Nowhere Man / You’re Going to Lose That Girl / Stars on 45”.
- Despite the myths, your hair and fingernails don’t keep growing after you die.
- Animal life stops at 1.2 miles below the surface of the earth. Some worms live that low . . . but nothing lives lower.
- “Miracle on 34th Street” was released in June of 1947, even though it was a Christmas movie, because the head of the studio believed more people saw movies during the summer.