Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- People in the Midwest are far more likely to say “um” than “uh” . . . people on the East Coast and in the South are far more likely to say “uh” than “um” . . . and people on the West Coast are split evenly between “um” and “uh.”
- Chuck Berry only had one number one hit ever . . . and sadly, it was “My Ding-a-Ling”.
- It takes between seven and 14 days to make one jelly bean.
- If the Statue of Liberty was melted down and the copper was sold for scrap, it would only be worth about $268,000. Add another $30,000 if you plan on scrapping its 250,000 pounds of steel. That doesn’t seem like much . . . considering it reportedly cost $16,000 in copper to construct back in 1876.
- Eleanor Roosevelt was Teddy Roosevelt’s niece. Franklin D. Roosevelt was Teddy’s fifth cousin. So when FDR married Eleanor, they were both part of the same family tree . . . they were fifth cousins, once removed.