Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Austria derives its name from the German word for “East” . . . and Australia gets its name from the Latin for “South.”
- 80% of the pretzels in the U.S. are made in Pennsylvania.
- Pop-Tarts’ sales went up EVERY YEAR from 1982 to 2014. And it’s possible they’re still going up . . . that’s just the last time Kellogg’s announced any Pop-Tarts stats. On a potentially related note . . . local Wal-marts DO stock up on Pop-Tarts before storms.
- Since the NFL draft began, 40% of the number one picks have been quarterbacks. That’s 34 out of 86. It’s been even more popular in recent years, with 16 of the past 21 #1 picks being QBs.
- It would take five minutes to knock someone out by holding a rag soaked with chloroform under their nose . . . not two seconds like it does in movies.