Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- There are only two countries in the world that don’t have a holiday celebrating their independence day or the day they became a nation: The U.K. and Denmark.
- Movie previews are called “trailers” because they were originally shown at the END of movies. The name stuck even once they started showing them first.
- Beck thought the song “Loser” was mediocre and he didn’t want it released as a single. But his record label did it anyway, and it went on to be his biggest hit by far.
- Before David Letterman got his late night show, he had a morning show on NBC called “The David Letterman Show”. It lasted from June 23rd to October 24th, 1980.
- Vincent van Gogh’s famous painting “The Starry Night” is actually the view from the room of his asylum in France.