Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- A DNA analysis of apples found they all originated in the mountains in Kazakhstan. Very nice.
- There are about 117 million lakes in the world, which cover about 4% of the surface of the Earth.
- There’s only one song on “Rolling Stone’s” list of the 500 greatest songs of all time that’s NOT in English . . . “La Bamba” by Ritchie Valens, which is #345.
- Lewis Carroll never uses the name “Mad Hatter” in “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”. The character is just called The Hatter . . . and he has a “mad tea party” . . . so people started to blend the two.
- You could last about 15 seconds in space without a space suit and helmet before you’d go unconscious . . . but you could stay alive for up to three minutes.