Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- There were 14 dot-coms that advertised during the Super Bowl in 2000. Only four are still active: AutoTrader, LastMinuteTravel, Monster, and WebMD.
- Myspace had the opportunity to buy Facebook for $75 million back in 2005, but they passed. Now, 16 years later, Facebook is worth around $850 BILLION . . . and they will generate about $226 per user in the U.S. in 2021.
- There are 14 U.S. states that are split into two time zones: Alaska, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Nebraska, Nevada, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Tennessee, and Texas.
- All octopuses are orphans. Male octopuses die right after they mate, and female octopuses die right after their eggs hatch.
- Alec Guinness didn’t like being in “Star Wars”, so he suggested to George Lucas that he should kill off the Obi-Wan Kenobi character to get him out of it. But, he also made a FORTUNE from the movies, because in his contract, he’d negotiated to get 2.25% of George’s royalties.