Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- “Pac-Man” made $3.5 billion in revenue as an arcade game, which is around $7.7 billion if you adjust for inflation. That makes it the highest-grossing arcade game of all time . . . just ahead of “Space Invaders” and “Street Fighter 2”.
- North Korea bought 1,000 Volvos in 1974 that are still being driven around . . . and they STILL haven’t paid for them. The total amount they owe is now up to around $400 million with interest.
- “The Dark Knight” was the first Batman movie that didn’t have the word “Batman” in the title . . . or any bats in the movie.
- Hot water freezes faster than cold water. It’s called the Mpemba Effect. (Pronounced mmm-PEM-buh.) The theory behind it is that the molecules in hot water are more stretched out, which allows them to release energy faster and freeze quicker.
- The 1974 movie “The Great Gatsby” and the 2013 movie “The Great Gatsby” both won the Oscar for Best Costume Design.