Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- In movies like “Selma” about Martin Luther King Jr., none of the speeches featured are real . . . because Steven Spielberg owns the movie rights to his life story and all of his actual speeches. The rights were purchased in 2009, and Spielberg apparently still has them, even though his MLK movie never got made.
- The first bitcoin purchase was on May 22nd, 2010 when a developer bought two pizzas for 10,000 bitcoins. Now that would be worth around $360 MILLION.
- Stan Lee put a hyphen in the name “Spider-Man” because he didn’t want people confusing him with Superman.
- Every single person has face mites living on their face right now . . . they’re microscopic, they’re currently swimming around in the oil in your pores.
- When the Hindenburg crashed in 1937, 62 of the 97 people on board survived. And the last survivor died at age 92 in 2014 . . . he was a 14-year-old assistant on the Hindenburg when it exploded. So NOW there are no survivors.