Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The company that makes Swiss army knives is Victorinox. They’ve been in business since 1884 . . . and they’ve never laid off an employee.
- The movie “A Christmas Story” is based on some short stories that were originally published in “Playboy”.
- One of the creators of “Baywatch” was legally blind. Even though 90% of his vision was gone, he wound up directing 40 episodes.
- There have been 1,066 different final score combinations in NFL history. The most recent addition was the Cleveland Browns beating the Pittsburgh Steelers 48-to-37 on January 10th . . . there’d never been a 48-to-37 final score before. (The most common final score? 20-17. It’s happened 269 times in NFL history.)
- One of the very first items ever sold on eBay in 1995 was a broken laser pointer, for $14.83. When the founder of eBay asked why the guy bought it, he said, quote, “I’m a collector of broken laser pointers.”