Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Weezer’s first gig ever was in 1992 when they opened for . . . Keanu Reeves’ band Dogstar.
- The whitest state in the U.S. is . . . Maine. 93.1% of the population is White. Vermont is next, at 92.7%. Hawaii is the least white, at 21.7%.
- John Hughes wanted to film the baseball scenes for “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off” at Comiskey Park, not the much more iconic Wrigley Field, because he was a White Sox fan. But because of the shooting schedule, they had to film at a Cubs game instead. (Comiskey is now called Guaranteed Rate Field.)
- The famous sky-and-grass photo that was the default background in Windows XP is from Napa Valley, California . . . and it only looks like it does in the photo because an insect infestation had wiped out all of the grapevines in the area.
- When Facebook first launched in 2004, you could only upload one photo. And there was no messaging, no notifications, no wall, and no status updates.