Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- For the state of Texas to have the population density of New York City, every single person in the world would have to live there.
- Reading silently to yourself is a relatively new development. People have been writing and reading for 5,000 years . . . but it’s only been socially acceptable to read alone and not out loud to a group for the past 300 to 400 years.
- Silly String was originally created in the 1970s when a chemist was trying to invent an instant spray-on cast.
- The budget for “Dazed and Confused” was $6.9 million . . . and about one-sixth of that went toward getting the rights to all the ’70s songs used in the movie.
- Crayola is a mix of two French words . . . “craie,” which means chalk, and “oleagineux,” which means oily.