Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The Pledge of Allegiance was originally created as a marketing scheme to help sell more flags to public schools.
- The employees at Disney parks aren’t allowed to point with one finger, because it could be seen as a negative gesture by people from other countries. So they’ll always point with two fingers.
- Elephants only need two hours of sleep a day, which is the least of any mammal.
- A kicker won the NFL MVP award in 1982. Mark Moseley won it as a member of the Washington Redskins. He made 20 out of 21 field goals that year, which is . . . good. It must’ve been a REALLY mediocre season though.
- Pinball machines were illegal in Oakland, California from the 1930s through 2014.