Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- A group of parrots is called a pandemonium.
- Billboards are banned in Vermont, and have been since 1968.
- No one knows exactly when people started using the phrase “Jesus H. Christ” . . . or what the “H” stands for. But Mark Twain said in his autobiography that people were already using it when he was a kid. That would have been the mid-1800s.
- There’s only one Black majority owner of any MLB, NFL, or NBA team . . . and it’s Michael Jordan. He’s the majority owner of the Charlotte Hornets.
- Geographically, the United States and Canada are almost the exact same size. The U.S. is about 1.5% smaller . . . and it’s only 3.5% smaller than all of Europe.