Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- It’s possible to win the U.S. presidential election with just 22% of the popular vote. To have enough electoral votes to win, you’d have to win the 39 smallest states and Washington D.C.
- Of all the circulating U.S. currency in the world, about 80% is in $100 bills.
- America’s oldest ally is . . . Morocco. It became the first nation to recognize the U.S. in December of 1777. And we’ve had an unbroken treaty with them ever since.
- The difference between a play in New York’s theater district being Broadway, Off-Broadway, or Off-Off-Broadway is the size of the theater. Over 500 seats is Broadway . . . 100 to 499 seats is “Off-Broadway” . . . and 99 seats or less is “Off-Off-Broadway.”
- Days Inn didn’t get its name because you’re supposed to stay for days or anything like that . . . it’s named after its founder, Cecil B. Day.