Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- There’s no copyright or patent protection on magic tricks. If a magician invents a trick, anyone’s free to use it . . . you just have to figure out how it’s done. But there’s an unwritten code, so most magicians refuse to use other magicians’ tricks.
- Your lungs aren’t symmetrical. The left lung is smaller and has two lobes . . . the right lung has three.
- There’s only one state capital that doesn’t share any letters with the state it’s the capital of: Pierre, South Dakota.
- People who work in offices without windows sleep an average of 46 minutes less per night than people in offices with windows.
- Phil Mickelson’s nickname is “Lefty” . . . but he’s right-handed. The only thing he does left-handed is golf, because he’d watch his dad golf when he was little and mirror his swings.