Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The three members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who wrote “Sweet Home Alabama” weren’t from Alabama . . . Ronnie Van Zant and Gary Rossington were born in Florida and Ed King was from California. And the song was recorded in Georgia.
- The “Guinness Book of World Records” is in the “Guinness Book of World Records” . . . as the best-selling copyrighted book of all time.
- Technically it’s illegal to mail used underwear to a pervert who bought them from you . . . federal law bans, quote, “mailing indecent and filthy substances.” You could even get up to five years in prison.
- The word “pandemonium” comes from John Milton’s “Paradise Lost” and described a palace built in the middle of hell. The Greek translation is “all evil spirits.”
- There are five MLB teams that have won every time they’ve been in the World Series. The Miami Marlins and Toronto Blue Jays are both 2-and-0, and the Los Angeles Angels, Washington Nationals, and Arizona Diamondbacks are 1-and-0.