Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- If you pay $3 for a coffee, that’s a 2,900% price markup on what it would cost you to make it at home . . . 10 cents.
- The moon isn’t shaped like a sphere . . . it’s shaped more like a lemon.
- According to J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter was born in 1980. That means the “Harry Potter” books were set in the early and mid ’90s.
- The person who invented the stethoscope was a guy named Rene Laennec . . . and he came up with it because he didn’t feel comfortable putting his ear directly on women’s chests.
- The only state capital that’s one syllable is Pierre, South Dakota. It’s technically pronounced “pier,” like the walkway on a beach, not like some French guy.