Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- An octopus doesn’t have eight arms . . . it has six arms and two legs. Two of its tentacles work like legs and help it move while the six arms grab food.
- Coca-Cola’s Dr. Pepper clone has had four name changes since it was introduced: It started as Peppo in 1972, became Dr. Pibb later that year, changed to Mr. Pibb in 1973 after Dr. Pepper sued, and then became Pibb Xtra in 2001.
- It costs you approximately 21 to 29 cents every year to use your turn signals, based on the amount of energy they use and the tiny amount of gas that takes.
- The tallest men in the world are in the Netherlands, with an average height of just over six feet. The shortest are in Indonesia, with an average height of 5-foot-2. (The American average is 5-foot-9-and-a-half.)
- The word “Ye” . . . like in “Ye Olde Shoppe” . . . is actually pronounced “The.” In medieval English, people used a “y” to abbreviate “th.”