Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- There are only five cities in the world that span across two continents. The biggest one is Istanbul, Turkey . . . it’s about 65% in Europe and 35% in Asia.
- There’s an urban legend that you swallow eight spiders a year while you sleep, but it’s not true . . . almost every single person will swallow ZERO in their lifetime. It was made up by a writer making FUN of stupid urban legends and gullible people.
- An average of seven people DIE from spider bites every year in the United States . . . and three times that many people are killed by COWS.
- Matt Groening wanted to make a live-action “Simpsons” spin-off in 1994. But one of the reasons it fell through was that the network said it would be too expensive to pay for a joke in the pilot featuring a bunch of trained beavers.
- Nothing with less than 10% alcohol was considered an alcoholic beverage in Russia until 2011 . . . it was classified as regular food. That included almost all beer.