Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Limping on purpose was a popular trend in the mid-1800s in the U.K. The princess of Wales had rheumatic fever that gave her a limp, and because she was a huge fashion icon and trendsetter, other women started limping too.
- Marilyn Monroe was born the same year as Hugh Hefner. She was born June 1st, 1926 . . . and he was born two months earlier, on April 9th.
- “Game of Thrones” and “Friends” had roughly the same budget, at $10 million per episode. “Friends” cost that much because the cast’s salaries were so high.
- Al Green’s “Take Me to the River” was a big hit . . . but it made its biggest chunk of royalties from being the song that’s sung by the Big Mouth Billy Bass electronic fish.
- The only people who can legally bring switchblades into the U.S. are people who are missing an arm.