Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus was offered the part of Mia in “Pulp Fiction”, but she turned it down because of her commitments to “Seinfeld”. (Other actresses who were considered were Jennifer Aniston, Joan Cusack, Laura Dern, Bridget Fonda, Melanie Griffith, Daryl Hannah, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Meg Ryan . . . before it eventually went to Uma Thurman.)
- PowerPoint was originally developed in 1987 as a program for Apple computers called “Presenter.” Microsoft wound up buying it for $14 million and launching their own version in 1990.
- Princess Diana and Prince Charles had only been together in person 13 times before their wedding day in 1981.
- The fax machine was invented the same year people were traveling on the Oregon Trail . . . 1843.
- Sour Patch Kids are called “Very Bad Kids” in France.