Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Elton John’s song “Philadelphia Freedom” was written as a favor to his friend, Billie Jean King . . . because she was on a professional tennis team called the Philadelphia Freedoms. The team lasted for one season.
- The shortest English word that has all five vowels is “eunoia” . . . which is six letters long. It means “beautiful thinking” or a positive mental state. (The pronunciation is “yoo noy uh.”)
- Ladybugs are called “ladybirds” in England.
- The average cloud weighs 1.1 million pounds. But the weight is distributed across such a big space, it still floats.
- We all know the first flight Orville Wright took . . . but it turns out his LAST flight was on a plane that Howard Hughes was flying in 1944. The plane had a wingspan of 123 feet . . . which made it three feet longer than the DISTANCE of Wright’s first flight.