Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Instead of “once upon a time,” Korean fairytales usually start with “In the old days, when tigers used to smoke.”
- The first place in the U.S. to use 911 as its emergency number was Haleyville, Alabama in February of 1968. The second place was Nome, Alaska a few weeks later.
- Jackie Chan did the voice of the Beast in the Chinese version of “Beauty and the Beast” in 1991. He also sang his songs.
- The expression “My bad” became popular because of the former NBA star Manute Bol. He didn’t quite have a full grasp of English, so instead of saying “My fault” when something went wrong, he’d say “My bad.” And that spread.
- Sliced bread is less than 100 years old. It was sold for the first time 93 years ago, in Chillicothe, Missouri.