Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- After Julia Roberts broke off her engagement with Kiefer Sutherland in 1990, he took up steer roping and became a rodeo tournament winner.
- Tennessee has the highest tax on beer of any state, at $1.29 per gallon. Wyoming has the lowest at two cents per gallon.
- Greenland doesn’t have any vegetation . . . it got its name from Nordic settlers who wanted to trick people into moving there.
- The Isley Brothers are the only group or artist who’ve had a top 50 Billboard hit in the ’50s, ’60s, ’70s, ’80s, ’90s, and 2000s.
- There’s only one real person mentioned in the “Harry Potter” books . . . a nine-year-old girl in Toronto named Natalie McDonald who was dying of leukemia. (She was a huge fan, so a family friend emailed J.K. Rowling, who included her as a student at Hogwarts in the fourth book.)