Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The Washington Generals lost to the Harlem Globetrotters 2,495 times in a row before they accidentally beat them on January 5, 1971.
- The “Transformers” cartoon from the ’80s once had a fictional Middle East city named “Carbombya.” And Casey Kasem quit as one of their voiceover actors because of it.
- There have been three players in Major League Baseball with the first name Aurelio . . . and all three were killed in car accidents. Aurelio Monteagudo died in 1990 . . . Aurelio Lopez in 1992 . . . and Aurelio Rodriguez in 2000.
- You can get a really good estimate of the temperature in Fahrenheit by counting how many times a cricket chirps in 14 seconds, then adding 40 to that number.
- Domino’s and Pizza Hut are luxury items in Japan . . . a large pizza costs around $35.