Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The last shot of the Civil War was fired on June 28th, 1865 . . . almost two months after the war ended . . . off the coast of Alaska. A Confederate warship hadn’t gotten word the war was over and destroyed 24 Union boats.
- Idaho is the only state that has a specific law banning cannibalism.
- According to his daughter, “White Men Can’t Jump” was one of Stanley Kubrick’s favorite movies.
- Colombia is being overrun by dozens of HIPPOS, who are destroying crops, crushing cows, and damaging property . . . and it’s all because Pablo Escobar built himself a zoo in the ’80s and imported a bunch of hippos, who’ve now bred.
- In 2017, “Despacito” became the first song that’s primarily in a foreign language to hit number one since the “Macarena” in 1996. The last one before that was “La Bamba” in 1987 . . . and before that, “Rock Me Amadeus” in 1986. (BTS’s”Life Goes On” is the latest, hitting number one back in December.)