Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- “Kimono” literally translates from Japanese as “wear thing.”
- The opposite of paranoia is called pronoia . . . the belief that everyone’s involved in a secret conspiracy to HELP you.
- The average length for books on Amazon is about 64,500 words. The most “average” book is “Brave New World” by Aldous Huxley at 64,531 words . . . which means about half of all books are shorter and half of all books are longer.
- During a conversation, the average person’s turn to talk lasts two seconds, and there’s only a gap of 200 milliseconds before the other person talks again. And that’s true across all cultures, and even in sign language conversations.
- The Sega Genesis version of “Mortal Kombat” outsold the Super Nintendo version five-to-one back in the early ’90s . . . because the Nintendo version censored out the blood.