Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The most serious crime in ancient Rome was killing a parent . . . the punishment was being sewn into a bag with a monkey, snake, dog, and chicken, and then thrown into a river to drown.
- For the first five U.S. presidential elections, only white men who owned property could vote.
- The world record for bench press was 364 pounds in 1916. It’s now more than TRIPLE that . . . a guy named Will Barotti bench pressed 1,105 pounds in last year.
- In Europe, Cool Ranch Doritos are called Cool American Doritos.
- The tongue twister “She sells seashells by the seashore” was inspired by a female paleontologist named Mary Anning who sold fossils out of a little stand on Dorset Beach in England in the early 1800s.