Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Florida is the flattest state in the U.S. Kansas has the reputation for being the flattest state . . . but it came in seventh.
- The only place where the Venus flytrap grows natively is within 60 miles of Wilmington, North Carolina. If they’re growing anywhere else, it’s because they’ve been transplanted there.
- In the 1930s, a brand of toilet paper called Northern Bath Tissue marketed itself with the slogan, “100% Splinter Free.” Because that was not always a guarantee with toilet paper back then.
- Pine weevil insects place their feces next to their eggs to keep predators away.
- The area of Wisconsin was spelled O-u-i-s-c-o-n-s-i-n from when it was discovered in the 1600s through the 1820s, when the U.S. government started spelling it “Wisconsin” in official documents.