Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The most valuable stamp in the world is a one-cent 1856 British Guiana stamp. It sold at an auction a few years ago for $9.5 million.
- Hawaii’s state fish is the humuhumunukunukuapua’a. (Pronounced hoo moo hoo moo noo koo noo koo ah poo ah ah.)
- When you get a kidney transplant, the doctors usually don’t remove your own failing kidney . . . they just leave it there and put the new kidney in your pelvis.
- The Magic 8-Ball failed when it first came out in the 1940s because it wasn’t an 8-ball . . . it was just a regular ball called the Syco-Seer. But a billiards company in Cincinnati commissioned a line of them that looked like 8-balls and they took off.
- About 75% of the tornados in the world happen in the U.S.