Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Only 5% of the calls routed to fire departments in the U.S. are for actual fires. Most of them are for medical emergencies.
- Can openers were invented in 1858 . . . which is 48 years after cans. During those years in between, the most popular way to open cans was smashing them with a hammer and chisel.
- Your rectum has similar cells to your mouth . . . which is why spicy foods can burn on the way out as much as they do when you’re eating them.
- There are only two companies with a perfect “AAA” credit rating: Johnson & Johnson and Microsoft.
- Antarctica gets about 44,000 tourists a year . . . that’s up from 5,000 tourists a year in 1990.