Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- On hospital TV shows, CPR saves people’s lives about two-thirds of the time. In real life, it only saves people’s lives about 10% to 20% of the time.
- The World Series has been a best-of-nine four times instead of the traditional best-of-seven: 1903, 1919, 1920, and 1921. The goal was to generate more revenue by having more games.
- Elvis only held three concerts outside of the U.S. in his entire career. They were all in Canada in 1957.
- The closest distance between the U.S. and Africa is 3,154 miles from Quoddy Head, Maine to El Beddouza, Morocco. That’s about 200 miles less than going from the same spot in Maine to San Diego.
- Samuel L. Jackson was supposed to have a giant Afro in “Pulp Fiction” . . . but the production assistant who went to get him a wig didn’t know the difference between an afro and a Jheri curl.