Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- The ratio of cookie-to-cream in an original Oreo is 71% cookie, 29% cream.
- There’s a scale of “close encounters.” A close encounter of the first kind is seeing a UFO . . . a close encounter of the third kind is seeing an alien . . . the fourth kind is being abducted by aliens . . . and the seventh kind is having SEX with an alien.
- It takes 60 tons of paint to cover the Eiffel Tower, which is the weight of about 10 elephants.
- There’s only one country in the Americas where more people speak a native language other than the language of a country that colonized them. It’s Paraguay, where 90% of people speak Guarani and 87% speak Spanish.
- No one knows exactly how the Academy Awards started being called Oscars.