Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- Both Coke and Pepsi made special cans of soda for astronauts in the mid ’80s. They look almost like cans of whipped cream.
- “The Simpsons” has been on TV for so long that Fox once moved it to Thursday nights to compete with “The Cosby Show”.
- Someone patented the process for surgically turning an animal into a unicorn in 1982.
- Madagascar got its name when Marco Polo sailed there . . . mistakenly thought he was in Mogadishu, Somalia . . . and misspelled “Mogadishu” in his notes so badly that it looked like “Madagascar.”
- Hot dogs may’ve got their name because people in the 1800s suspected that sausages were stuffed with dog meat.