Every morning around 8:15am Brooks gives you one minute of Useless Facts to impress your friends with…
- No one has ever won the Oscar for Best Actor in their debut movie. Four women have won Best Actress in their debut, including Julie Andrews for “Mary Poppins” and Barbra Streisand for “Funny Girl”.
- The same company owns Match.com, OkCupid, Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Hinge, and at least a dozen other popular online dating sites.
- Fifteen U.S. congressmen have been killed while they were in office. Four of them were Republicans, and all of them were killed between 1860 and 1869. (Every congressman killed before or after that decade was a Democrat or Democratic-Republican.)
- A contronym is a word that can mean two things that are opposites. Like how “rent” can mean that you’re the one renting something out, or the one doing the renting.
- It’s illegal to burn a foreign country’s flag in Denmark . . . but it’s legal to burn the DANISH flag.